Key West Fishing Charters FAQ
Our friendly staff is dedicated to making sure all your important questions are answered. We've provided answers to common questions many of our anglers have. Remember, an informed angler is a happy angler, so be sure to look over each one.
1. Do I need to buy a fishing license?
No. We have a license that covers all while fishing on our boats.
2. What is the length of the trips offered?
1/2 Day Trips = 4 Hours
3/4 Day Trips = 6 Hours
Full Day Trips = 8 Hours
3. What experience level is necessary?
From novice to expert, any level of experience is
4. How many anglers can fish?
Flats boats can accommadate up to 2 people.
Light tackle boats can accommodate up to 6 people.
Offshore boats can accommodate up to 6 people.
5. Are food and beverages included?
No. You are responsible for your own food and beverage.
6. Are alcoholic beverages allowed on board?
Yes. Mild beverages (i.e. Beer, Wine, Wine Coolers, Ciders, Hard Lemonade) are allowed.
NO GLASS BEVERAGES! All beverages must come in either cans or plastic containers.
7. Is fishing gear provided?
Yes. We provide the latest and best tackle on the market today. All line is changed on a regular basis. However you are welcome to bring your faviorate rod and reel if you like.
8. What kind of clothing should you bring?
I recommend you cover up as much as the weather will allow. Avoid the sun as much as possible. A light weight jacket for the winter may be needed. Always bring a cap, sunblock, and don't froget a camera.
9. What kind of shoes should I wear?
Any close toe, non black soles will be fine.
10. What is the cancellation policy regarding weather?
The trip may be cancelled by mutual consent on the day of the charter at the dock.
11. Can I have a replica mount made of my fish?
Yes. We are agents for Gray Taxidermy and we have all the paper work necessory for you to have your trophy sent home, to brag about forever.
12. How much of a gratuity is considered customary?
If you had a great trip and are happy with the service provided, 15-20% of the trip cost is apprecatied.